Hello, me again! Just updating you guys with an outfit I wore on Saturday. Me and Joe went out all day to Birmingham; first to the quirky Digbeth (a great place to hunt for vintage treasures), then for a look around the Bullring. Five Guys for dinner, and finally to Star City to watch The Inbetweeners 2. I’d been dying to try a Five Guys, especially since I heard there were over 100 drinks to choose from. To be honest, I’ve had better burgers and chips. It was £26 for two burgers, chips, and a drink – slightly extortionate for a bit of fast food in a brown bag! I did try raspberry Coke for the first time though, and it was quite nice.
Now; on to the outfit. I dusted off my beloved Topshop banana leaf jumpsuit (purchased last year), and threw a crop top over the top to dress it down a little. I was pleased that I managed to recycle it, as it’s one of my fave pieces of all time! I love this tassle bag too; my very first purchase from La Moda. I thought my MAC lipstick in ‘Heroine’ would contrast the outfit nicely.
Jumpsuit – Topshop
Crop Top – Topshop
Shoes – Primark
Bag – La Moda
Necklace – Urban Outfitters
Have you done anything nice this weekend? Let me know!
Hey hey hey! Just a quick one today bae’s (I missed the other ‘b’ out on purpose, can I pull it off? lol). Today I’m reviewing my EOS (Evolution of Smooth) Lip Balm that I bought from Urban Outfitters a few weeks ago. I did attempt to take some pictures of it myself, but they weren’t all that easy on the eye so I kicked them to the curb and stole these ones off the tinterweb (credited, of course * insert wink emoji here*). I’ll be honest; until I found EOS in Urban Outfitters, I had never heard of it. I know; It’s a good job I came out of the rock I was living under. Celebrities like Miley Cyrus, Kimmy K, and Nicole Scherzinger love it; so it must be good – right?
Let me start off by saying what I like about this product:
- It’s 99% natural, organic, and all that jazz.
- The packaging is really cute, so it actually encourages me to apply it throughout the day.
- The smell is OK – I chose Blueberry Acai, but I’ve read that this isn’t the best one.
- It tastes nice and sweet when you lick your lips (hehe).
Now, some things I don’t like about this product:
- It’s ridiculously overpriced here in the UK. I paid £5 for it, so I thought it would be out of this world – I don’t think it warrants a £5 spend. I even read that some places charge up to £13.99 for the Strawberry Sorbet flavour!
- I expected more from the product for the price. Maybe a hint of colour? A bit of a shimmer? Something…anything!
- Although my lips feel OK once applied, I don’t feel as if my lips have benefited all THAT much from the product after it’s worn off.
I’ll continue using the one I’ve purchased, but I won’t be buying anymore in the UK. I’m sure there are much better options for a more reasonable price. Having said that, I may stock up on a couple of Strawberry Sorbet and Sweet Mint flavours when I go to America next month, just to see if those are any better. I can only assume that the many celebrities who use this product so profusely in public get sent a free unlimited supply, and lots of money to top it off.
Worth the hype? No. Soz EOS. You may have won Miley over, but you haven’t got me.
Does EOS lip balm do it for you? I’d love to know what you think!